пятница, 6 ноября 2020 г.

thumbnail

10 Best Maui Food Spots That Will Blow Your Mind

McDonald's Hawaii Breakfast

Did this McDonald’s Breakfast plate catch your eye? I thought so! This is indeed on this list of best Maui food spots!


Hawaii and their rich culture includes some delicious cuisine. As a born and bred Japanese, sometimes American (mainland) cuisine can be too much; too sweet, too salty, too-everything. But in Hawaii, the flavors tend to be appealing to my appetite because of the Polynesian influence.


With that said, stating that I ate my way through Maui might be an understatement! I ate as much as I explored the island and I have absolutely no shame. Pretty much everything I ate in Maui was delicious; can’t think of one thing that I didn’t like.


Without further ado, let’s get into the good stuff!


**UPDATE October 2019** I have a new post -> 10 MORE Eateries in Maui That Will Blow Your Mind, check this out too!


McDonald’s Spam & Portugese Sausage Breakfast


That’s right, I listed McDonalds. If you travel internationally, you know that each McDonald’s serves items that are local to the country. No, I don’t normally eat McDonald’s living in the U.S but when I’m abroad, I enjoy seeing what they have. In Hawaii’s case, they serve Spam & Portuguese Sausage Breakfast Platters. I grabbed a platter on my way to the Road To Hana and gosh, it was so delicious!


Geste Shrimp Truck Maui

Geste Shrimp Truck


If you enjoy garlic and shrimp, this place will blow you away. Since it’s a food truck, there are no seats. In fact, the grass around it is so prickly, a lot of people were eating in their cars. Their Hawaiian Shrimp in my opinion, is the best. Lemon Pepper was great too but not quite as good. Bring cash!


808 Grindz Cafe Maui

808 Grindz Cafe


I ended up here twice during my stay in Maui because after the first time, I couldn’t stop thinking about their food. The Macadamia Nut Pancake with their house sauce (that’s key!) is potentially the best pancake I’ve ever had. Also, if they have the Kalua Pork Hash Loco, get that as the savory plate and thank me later. The storefront has no sign so make sure you ask or study the Yelp photos well!


Da Kitchen Maui

Da Kitchen


If you want your money’s worth, come here. Their Hawaiian ‘local-inspired’ dishes are da bomb (sorry, I had to). The portions are HUGE so either bring an appetite or grab an appetizer, a main dish and share between 2 people. Their Deep Fried SPAM Musubi is their token menu item – try it!


Foodland Maui

Foodland


Yes, Foodland is a grocery store. But wait, not just any grocery store! Thanks to Travel Bloggers and social media, Foodland has exploded in the past few years. They’re known for their vast selection of poke. Since poke is one of my favorite food items ever, I had to go. I indulged in several flavors of poke thanks to Foodland including some Hawaiian pastries and coconut pie! Yum!


Ululani's Shaved Ice Maui

Ululani’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice


The famous Ululuani’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice. I admit, I’m biased when it comes to shaved ice. To me, Japanese shaved ice is the softest and most delicious. I stand corrected. Ululani’s gives a run for its money for soft, delicious shaved ice. My favorite order? Macadamia Nut Ice Cream on the bottom with POG (Passion Fruit, Orange & Guava) topping!


Kalua Pork Nachos Westin Maui

Westin Maui Kalua Pork Nachos


If you like Kalua Pork and Nachos, visit the Westin in Lahaina for their poolside Kalura Pork Nachos. I generally don’t eat food at hotels but when I tried this poolside one day, I was hooked. They’re very generous with their pork and you don’t even need salsa or guac – so, so good!


WowWow Lemonade Maui

WowWow Lemonade


This is one of those times where I have to thank Instagram. Their memorable mason jars and on-point Instagram account had me in love with their brand. WowWow Lemonade was my first stop �� Their blended lemonade was delicious and I loved having a mason jar souvenir to bring home! Plus, it’s also a great way to be eco-friendly during your Maui trip by reusing the mason jar and straw.


Island Cream Co. Maui

Island Cream Co.


While Ululani’s Shaved Ice trumps all cold dessert items in the area, I have to give a shout out to Island Cream Co for their Poi flavored ice cream. Poi is a traditional Hawaiian paste made out of taro roots. It’s most certainly an acquired taste but I enjoy Poi and more so the ice cream flavor!


Coconut's Fish Cafe Maui

Coconut’s Fish Cafe


In Maui, Coconut’s Fish Cafe is located next door to WowWow Lemonade. That and hunger were the only reasons why I ended up here but boy am I glad I did! Turns out they’re extremely popular for their Coconut Shrimp basket and Macadamia Nut Crusted Ahi Plate. Both were crispy, perfectly cooked and to die for!


♡♡♡


If you’re hungry, I apologize �� (Actually, #SorryNotSorry) But if you’re on your way to Maui, I hope this list of best Maui food spots comes in handy! I also want to send out huge props to my friend and fellow food-lover Rosalyn for sending me a lot of these recommendations! If you appreciate food, you’ll appreciate all 10 out of 10 spots in Maui!


Remember, I have another 10 Maui food spots from my most recent trip to Hawaii for you to enjoy and check out!


Did I miss any restaurants in Maui? Where’s your favorite? I’d love to know so I can check them out the next time I’m there!


Pin the below image via Pinterest for later!



You may also enjoy:


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About

Поиск по этому блогу

Технологии Blogger.