понедельник, 22 февраля 2021 г.

thumbnail

Banana Split Pie – Recipe

Weight Watchers Banana Split Pie
Weight Watchers Banana Split Pie

I have always been a fan of banana splits. The perfect combination of banana, ice cream, and whipped cream. Of course, chocolate sauce and a cherry to top it off! Holy Yum!


However, as a Weight Watcher member who would like to make goal in the next century this year, banana splits are out of the question.


The other day I was craving something sweet but Weight Watchers friendly. I remembered an old recipe I had from a long time ago (2005) and I dug it out of my recipe binder. The original recipe was found HERE.


After a few minor tweaks, the recipe turned out delicious! My husband is VERY leary of “healthy” dessert recipes. Before he will eat it, he asks if there is tofu in it or anything “weird.” I assured him there wasn’t so he tried it.


After he finished licking the plate eating his piece, he said, “Husband approves!”


This pie is a yummy blend of bananas, strawberries, pudding, cool whip and chocolate sauce. It tastes oddly just like a bite of banana split with MUCH fewer calories and fat. An added bonus is how easy it is to make!


I hope you will try this and love it as much as we do!


Weight Watchers Banana Split Pie
You MUST make this!

Banana Split Pie


Yields: 8 servings


Weight Watchers Points Plus:


  • 8 servings with fruit counted (6 points plus)*
  • 8 servings without fruit counted (5 points plus)*

Ingredients:


One lowfat Graham Cracker Pie Crust


1 large Banana


1 cup sliced Strawberries


1 small package sugar free/fat free cheesecake (or vanilla) pudding


2 cups of Fat Free Milk


8 ounces fat free Cool Whip


Chocolate Sauce


Directions:


In the graham cracker pie crust, layer the banana and then the sliced strawberries.


Prepare the pudding according to package directions.


Pour the pudding over the banana/strawberry layer.


Refrigerate until the pudding set.


Top with the cool whip – If you are going to serve the whole pie at one time, top the whole pie. If you are going to eat the pie over the course of a few days, top each slice as you eat it.


Drizzle chocolate syrup (sugar free or light will save calories) over the pie.


Enjoy every bite! We sure did!


*On the Weight Watchers program, fruit is considered “free” unless it is used in a recipe. If you use fruit in a recipe, Weight Watchers encourages you to count the points plus for the fruit. This is left up to the individual. I find that if I haven’t had much fruit that day, I won’t count it. If I have had 2-3 servings, I will count it. It is up to you!


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About

Поиск по этому блогу

Технологии Blogger.