пятница, 5 ноября 2021 г.

thumbnail

Pumpkin Pie Cake




I got this candle on clearance at target...love it! Just thought I would share. :O)


We are just loving fall. Pumpkins, candy, cooler weather. I don't bake as often as I used to...but when I do, it is usually a dessert containing pumpkin. I have a slight obsession. This is a pumpkin pie cake recipe. My friend Jana brought this over a couple weeks ago. I tweaked it just a little bit. It is simple, easy and delicious. It tastes like pumpkin pie with streusel topping, and I am sure it would have been even better with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. This makes a lot...so prepare it for company. I won't tell if you keep half of it for yourself though. :O) Again, please excuse my picture quality. I am not a photographer and still can't find my camera charger. Sigh.


Pumpkin Pie Cake


Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix


1 stick of butter, softened


4 large eggs, divided


2 cans pumpkin (or 1 large one)


1 5 oz can of evaporated milk


1 1/4 c sugar, divided


1 t cinnamon


1 t pumpkin pie spice ( just use cinnamon if you don't have it...or add a little nutmeg and cloves)


4 T butter, chilled


1 c toasted and chopped pecans


1/2 - 1 cup toffee pieces (optional...but SO good)


Instructions:


Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 pan.


Set aside 1 cup of the cake mix and put the rest in a mixing bowl. Add ONE egg and the stick of butter and mix until combined. Press the mixture into the pan, evenly and up the sides a little bit.


In the same bowl (no need to rinse!) add the pumpkin, 3 eggs, evaporated milk, ONE cup of sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on low until it is combined and then beat for 2 minutes until "fluffy". Pour the mixture on top of the cake base.


Prepare the topping. Combine the reserved cake mix and 1/4 cup sugar. Cut in the cold butter until combined. Using your fingers...add the nuts and toffee pieces until incorporated. Sprinkle this on top and bake for 65-75 minutes until the cake is set in the middle. ENJOY EVERY BITE.


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

No Comments

About

Поиск по этому блогу

Технологии Blogger.